Wednesday, June 14th 2017
7:00 – 9:00 pm
at the Hawthorne Center
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044
Registration for this event are open for BWS members, guests April 15th.
Registration for Non-members: May 17th.
Not a Member? Consider becoming an Associate
We are pleased to announce that Frank Eber, a California award winning Water-colorist and Plein Air Painter, will be giving a special presentation for the Baltimore Watercolor Society on the evening of Wednesday, June 14th, 2017
Frank Eber's 'Atmospheric Watercolors', an Approach to Luminous Watercolors.
Topics will include design and composition, color and lighting, positives and negatives, simplification of shape, and atmospheric effects.
Frank will discuss his painting journey and process involving carefully planned steps that can be used for painting any subject. Frank will demonstrate painting techniques and answer questions from those attending.
Frank Eber (Contemporary) AWS, NWS, TWSA, WW. Frank is an award-winning watercolor artist and Signature member of the American Watercolor Society (AWS), the National Watercolor Society (NWS), the Transparent Watercolor Society of America (TWSA) and Watercolor West (WW). He is a juried Artist member of the prestigious California Art Club. Frank conducts workshops and demonstrations locally and at the national and international level.
Frank grew up in Europe and was mentored by Italian master painter Renato Casaro in 1994 and 95. In the ’80s and ’90s Frank worked as a professional illustrator for video cover sleeves and as a portrait artist by commission. Primarily a plein air painter, his love of travel has given him prime opportunities to paint: he lived for three years in the south of France, and has painted on location in Italy, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, the Czech Republic and Germany.
For more information about Frank, visit his website.
- Date: June 14th 2017 (Wednesday), from 7:00 – 9:00 pm (building opens at 6:30 pm)
- Price: $25 for all BWS members (including associates) and $30 for guests and public; no refunds (except in the case of the event being cancelled for weather or other reason.)
- Please pay online via PayPal if possible. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.organd go to Public Events.
- Participants will be limited to 60 people.
- The program will take place at The Hawthorn Center in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. The address is: 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online payment. Checks must be received within 7 days of registration to be considered as registered.
Mail checks to: 3420 Buttonwood Ct.
Reisterstown, MD 21136