Wednesday,November 15, 2017
7:00 – 9:00 pm
at the Hawthorne Center
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044
Registration will open September 16th 2017 to BWS Members and Guests.
Public registration will open October 15th.
Not a Member? Consider becoming a Member.
We are pleased to announce that Michael Reardon, a California award winning water-colorist and illustrator, will be giving a special presentation for the Baltimore Watercolor Society on the evening of Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Michael Reardon: Watercolor, if treated correctly, can be much easier than it’s reputation might suggest. I can think of no other form of expression that I delight in more than painting and it is my sincere wish to share that pleasure with others.”
Michael will demonstrate a painting from start to finish. During the demonstration, I will discuss my choices and strategy to complete the painting, including pigments, timing, and values.
Explore the medium of watercolor in a relaxing and creative environment. Award winning water-colorist, Michael Reardon, sole focus will be bringing your creativity to light and aiding you in dispelling the myths of the difficulties of painting in this wonderful medium. Given the right encouragement and understanding of the basic fundamentals, watercolor is a creative outlet unmatched in its ease of use, cost of materials, and pure enjoyment of artistic expression.
Manipulating light and color is essential to all watercolor painting. In this evening program, Michael will demonstrate the importance of values in creating a sense of light and the role color plays in the mood of your landscapes and cityscapes.
Composition and vibrant color mixtures will be covered, emphasizing tools such as focal points, planes of depth, edge conditions, complementary colors, and color temperature. Michael will share his lengthy experience in architectural illustration to assist participants in ways to improve the structure of their paintings. He will also emphasize painting directly and with confidence.
Registrations for this event is for BWS members, guests and the public
- Date:November 15 (Wednesday), from 7:00 – 9:00 pm (building opens at 6:30 pm)
- Price: $25 for all BWS members (including associates) $30 for guests and the public; no refunds (except in the case of the event being cancelled for weather or other reason.)
- Please pay online via PayPal if possible. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.org
and go to Public Events.
- Participants will be limited to 60 people.
- The program will take place at "The Hawthorn Center" in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. The address is: 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online payment.
- Checks must be received within 7 days of registration to be considered as registered.
Mail checks to: 3420 Buttonwood Ct.
Reisterstown, MD 21136