Public show of signature member's work at the Art League of Ocean City Center for the Arts
August 28 - October 1, 2017
There is a 35% commission on all sales. Pieces not for sale should be listed as NFS.
Opening Reception: Friday Sept 1, 2017 from 5:00 -7:00 PM
Registration deadline: July 29, 2017
Registration fee: $10
Drop off locations:
- Howard County Arts Council, 8510 High Ridge Road, Ellicott City Md, 21043 from 5:00-7:00 PM Friday August 25, 2017
- The Art League of Ocean City, 502 94th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842 from noon to 2:00 PM on Sunday August 27, 2017
- Artist in North Baltimore Co. and vicinity may also drop off paintings with Shirley Jenkins call her at 443-212-5412 for details.
- Artists wishing to drop off and pick up work in the Montgomery County vicinity may do so by contacting Janet Belich at 301-367-1527
- After the show paintings may be picked up at the Art league of Ocean City on Sunday, October 1 12:00-2:00 PM. Or
- Monday October 2 at the Howard County Arts Council in Ellicott City from 5:00 -7:00 PM.
- Paintings delivered to Janet Belich or Shirley Jenkins should contact them to establish a pickup time and location after the show.
Special rules for this exhibit - We know some of you are working on canvas, using mixed media techniques, and displaying your work without glazing. This is our once a year member exhibit where you can display either these non-traditional paintings or a traditional watercolor, matted and under glazing.
BWS will augment our normal Exhibit Rules #2, 8, and 10 to include work that uses any of the following.
● Paint on natural or synthetic paper or paperboard and display the painting under glazing (matted or floated). (traditional watercolor)
● Varnish watermedia paintings and display them framed with no glazing.
● Display gallery wrapped watermedia paintings without mat or frame.
● Use paper canvas, fabric canvas (cotton or linen), Aquabord, Claybord or Gessobord for the watermedia paintings
● Mount the watermedia paintings on deep cradled panels
● Use only paper-based collage material, created with water-based media.
The rules regarding mats and frames apply when mats and frames are used.