'Realism through Design'
approach to painting principles and techniques
Wednesday, September 12th, 2018
7:00 – 9:00 pm
at the Hawthorne Center
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044
BWS Members: July 21st at 10:00 a.m.
Non-members: August 18th 2018 10:00 a.m.
Not a Member? Consider becoming an Associate
Remember that these popular events sell out fast
Registration ends September 4th, 2018 or when the event is full
FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION VISIT:
www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
Due to the high demand for workshops, all registrations have to be paid within 5 days of registering. No exceptions please.
We are pleased to announce that John Salminen will be giving a special presentation for the Baltimore Watercolor Society on the evening of Wednesday, September 12th, 2018
John's evening program will be a talk and presentation with a watercolor painting technique demonstration on a subject of his choosing.
ABOUT JOHN SALMINEN
John Salminen is a signature member of numerous prestigious art societies in the United States, China and Australia. He has won 250 awards in national and international exhibitions, including multiple top awards in AWS, NWS, TWSA and Allied Artists of America. He received the Shanghai Biennial Award, The Pakistan Lifetime Achievement Award and the Thailand Ministry of Culture award. John is a frequent judge and juror for national and international exhibitions. He has participated in forty-eight invitational international exhibitions in China, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Mexico, Pakistan, Canada, Italy, Belgium, England, India and Australia. His work is included in permanent collections in Asia and Europe as well as in private and corporate collections throughout the United States. He is featured in forty-four books on four continents.
“I began painting as an abstract expressionist, more interested in the expressive nature of paint than in representations of objects. I still paint pure abstractions but most of my works are realistic with an underlying foundation of abstraction. Even for realism, I continue to rely heavily on my background in abstraction to guide me. The balance between abstraction and the illusion of reality is the challenge that keeps me excited about painting every day.”
- Date: September 12th, 2018 (Wednesday), from 7:00 – 9:00 pm (building opens at 6:30 pm)
- Price: $25 for all BWS members (including associates) and $30 for guests and public; no refunds (except in the case of the event being cancelled for weather or other reason.)
- Please pay online via PayPal if possible; PayPal allows the use of your Credit Cards whether or not you have a PayPal account. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below. Please enter the name of the program on your check.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
- Participants will be limited to 50 people.
- The program will take place at The Hawthorn Center in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online payment. Checks must be received within 5 days of registration to be considered as registered.
Mail checks to:
3420 Buttonwood Ct.
Reisterstown, MD 21136