"Capturing Essence with Watercolor"
October 28, 2021
7:00 – 9:00 pm
at the Hawthorne Center
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044
BWS Members & their Guests: August 21st,10:00 a.m.
Non-members: September 4th, 10:00 a.m.
Not a Member? Consider becoming an Associate
$25 for all BWS members
$30 for guests and public
Remember that these popular events sell out fast
Registration ends October 21st 2021, or when the event is full
FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION VISIT:
www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
Due to the high demand for workshops and Evening Programs, all registrations have to be paid within 5 days of registering. No exceptions please.
The Baltimore Watercolor Society is excited to feature internationally respected watercolor artist Keiko Tanabe for an evening program on Thursday, October 28th 2021 at the Hawthorn Center in Columbia, MD.
ABOUT Keiko Tanabe
Keiko Tanabe Bio
Mostly self-taught, she embarked on a professional art career in 2005. Since then, her paintings have been in many national and international exhibitions, both juried and invitational, and gained world-wide recognition. Her work has been purchased by private and corporate collectors from all around the world. She also had her paintings published and featured in leading art magazines and a number of publications in the U.S., Europe and Asia. A sought-after workshop instructor since 2011, she has conducted more than 230 workshops and numerous live demonstrations around the world. Her approach to teaching is to help students identify and solve their problems to further advance their technical skills and refine their style. She has frequently served as a juror in art exhibitions both on national and on international levels. In 2018, she was appointed to the advisory board of the American Watercolor Weekly. She has several books and 2 DVD’s published. She is currently a member of National Watercolor Society (signature), American Watercolor Society (signature), North American Watercolor Artists, American Impressionist Society and Laguna Plein Air Painters Association. Keiko was born in Kyoto, Japan and currently lives in San Diego, California.
Date: October 28th, 2021 (Thursday), from 7:00 – 9:00 pm (building opens at 6:30 pm)
- Price: $25 for all BWS members and $30 for guests and public; no refunds (except in the case of the event being cancelled for weather or other reason.)
- Please pay online if possible with your Credit Cards. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below. Please enter the name of the program on your check.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
- Participants will be limited to 50 people.
- The program will take place at The Hawthorn Center in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online payment. Checks must be received within 5 days of registration to be considered as registered.
Sabine Yeager, Workshops Chair
Mail checks to:
11315 Maplewood Dr.
Ridgely, MD 21660