An Evening Demo
Joe Cibere, NWS
"Mid-Tone Crisis, Ink First"
April 6th, 2023
7:00 – 9:00 pm
at the Hawthorne Center
6175 Sunny Spring
Columbia, MD 21044
Do you struggle with depth and dimension in your paintings? Are you lost in a mire of mid-tones?
Then check out the article about our workshop instructor, Joe Cibere, in “Watercolor Artist” Magazine February 2019 issue, and sign up to learn not only a new technique, but how to use value to turn your photos into dynamic paintings.
Using ink qualifies as "Water media Art"
The Baltimore Watercolor Society is excited to feature internationally respected watercolor artist Joe Cibere for an evening program on Thursday, April 6th at the Hawthorn Center in Columbia, MD.
All levels are welcome but students should have an understanding of the watercolor medium.
Joe: "As a watercolor instructor for many years, I’ve discovered that some students fall into the trap of what I call “mid-tone crisis”. No white paper left and they don’t know where to put their darks, a mid-tone mess! My super-simple technique for curing this is to use a 3-value NOTAN study to take the guesswork out of the design and painting process. How cool!"
BWS Members & their Guests: February 26, 2023.....10:00 a.m.
Non-members: March 12th, 2023............................10:00 a.m.
Not a Member? Consider becoming an Associate
$30 for all BWS members
$40 for guests and public
Remember that these popular events sell out fast
Registration ends March 27th, 2023 or when the event is full
FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION VISIT:
www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
Due to the high demand for workshops and Evening Programs, all registrations have to be paid within 5 days of registering. No exceptions please.
Date: April 6th, 2023 (Thursday), from 7:00 – 9:00 pm (building opens at 6:30 m)
- Price: $30 for all BWS members and $40 for guests and public; no refunds (except in the case of the event being cancelled for weather or other reason.)
- Please pay online if possible with your Credit Cards. Otherwise, checks should be made out to Baltimore Watercolor Society and mailed to Sabine Yeager at the address below. Please enter the name of the program on your check.
- For online registration, visit www.bws.wildapricot.org and go to Public Events.
- Participants will be limited to 50 people.
- The program will take place at The Hawthorn Center in Hickory Ridge, Columbia, MD. 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia, MD 21044.
- Confirmation of your registration will be sent upon receipt of your check or online payment. Checks must be received within 5 days of registration to be considered as registered.
Joe Cibere is a Signature Member of the National Watercolor Society and his painting style demonstrates his love of nature and wilderness. His "abstract realism" paintings integrate strong design and balance with a sense of illusion. He has appeared in "Watercolor Magazine" and in the International Artists book "The Watercolor Sky and Cloud Techniques of 23 International Artists". He is also in the book "Splash 20" and the 2019 February issue of "Watercolor Artist" magazine. His Studio is at Channel Islands, RoomR5 in Old Town Camarillo, CA.
If you are sending a check, please mail it to the address below and reference Joe Cibere.
Sabine Yeager, Workshops Chair
Mail checks to:
11315 Maplewood Dr.
Ridgely, MD 21660