Because the 1st workshop with Paul Jackson filled so quickly we decided to offer a 2nd session.
We are pleased to have nationally-acclaimed artist, Paul Jackson, coming to give a four-day workshop in conjunction with awards judging for our Mid-Atlantic Exhibition. There will be daily demos, critiques and personal help throughout the workshop. Visit Paul's website at http://www.pauljackson.com/ for more information about this favorite workshop instructor.
Price for the workshop is $250 for BWS members and associates, and $300 for non-members.
Refund policy: 80% refundable until May 13,2013. No refunds after that unless spot is filled from waiting list.
- Paper- 1 sheet of Arches watercolor paper, 260lb cold press, (I’ll demonstrate on 1/2 sheet -20×26”)This paper can be tough to find. We’ll probably have some available to purchase at the workshop.
- Painting board- 3/4” sealed plywood board to stretch your paper. ( I use a 24×30” piece of birch-faced 3/4” plywood, sanded and sealed with polyurethane)These are not commercially available, so you may want to make your own. (My teenager makes awesome painting boards.) We may have her boards pre-stretched with paper available to rent or purchase at the workshop, but it’s best to call ahead if you know you want one. They sell out fast!
- Palette – I use a Quiller palette, but any large watercolor palette will do.
- Water containers – at least 2
- Paper Towels
- 3 Round watercolor brushes, pick a small, medium and large, also a 2” flat wash brush
- 1 small, cheap brush for masking fluid.
- Masking fluid
- Paint – Here is a short list of colors I am currently using and recommend for the workshop. Feel free to add any other colors you like.Cadmium Yellow Light Hue, Lemon Yellow, New Gamboge, Isoindoline Yellow, Cadmium Orange Hue, Perinone Orange, Pyrrol Orange, Cadmium Red Medium Hue, Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Carbazole Violet, Quinacridone Sienna, Indigo, French Ultramarine, Phthalo Turquoise, Phthalo Green Blue Shade, Manganese Blue Hue, and Opera-Pink
We will have a limited supply of these colors available for purchase at the workshop.
- Paul will be using Daniel Smith Watercolors
Daniel Smith Art Supply offers an incredible range of juicy, brilliant watercolor paints.
Use Paul’s Teacher Number: TRP00410
to get a discount on any order with Daniel Smith Art Materials! When ordering through Daniel Smith’s call center or in one of their stores, simply give Paul’s TRP Number. YOU MUST CALL TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT.
- Any other watercolor supplies you normally use.
Before you rush out and spend a fortune on art supplies, check with us. We may be able to offer a less expensive alternative.
We should have all of these supplies available at the workshop, unless we’re flying….so if you want a painting board, it’s best to let us know in advance.